Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11

September 11, 2001

Although I have no connections to New York personally, I will always remember where I was that day. I was a junior in high school in our first period class. My teacher got a phone call, answered it and started crying then turned on the TV. That's when I learned of the tragic news in New York. The next period I had was math class. This teacher was not at all interested in watching the coverage. She wanted to teach math, she had strict lesson plans, and D@^^!+ she was going to stick to follow her plans.

I remember seeing this picture and I just think it is so amazing.


Firefighters and other dignitaries watch as the Fire Department of New York's Ladder Company 3 fire truck is lowered by crane into the National September 11 Memorial Museum July 20 in New York City. The truck was used in the evacuation of people from the World Trade Center towers during the terror attacks on September 2001. All 11 firemen aboard the truck when it responded were killed when the towers collapsed.

Our country was forever changed and we will never forget the victims or the people who experienced that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment