Monday, April 25, 2011

Thoughts and Things this week...

1. I'm not at all interested in The Royal Wedding. Well, I only want to see what the dress looks like. That's it.

2. "April showers bring May flowers." We've had enough rain for the year. I like the occasional shower or storm, but not this constant month of a monsoon we've had! 
3. I've not been into eating cake this year. My mom makes cakes for everyone's birthday's and holidays and I haven't wanted even a taste. I don't know why, I'm just not craving them. She's been kinda upset that I've not been eating them :( It's not her cakes, they are great, It's me. {haha, that was the classic "break-up" line (it's not you, it's me)
And Mrs. D's cakes are amazing too!

4. I'm working 60 hours this week. I think I might cry. Vacation on May 1st...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

5. a. I found a great smelling candle at Wal-Mart this week. It's huge and it was only $5! {an original item I went for...this always happens...picking up unneeded items}

5. b. I made 3 trips to Wal-Mart this week. I only needed a few things so I didn't make a list, thinking I wouldn't forget...well, wouldn't ya know...I forgot something each time. Lesson learned, continue to always make my lists!!!

6. A patient of mine this week broke my glasses. I don't wear contacts and thankfully have an old pair with a minimally changed prescription to use until my new glasses come in. Only problem: new frames are on backorder for 2 weeks, and then I'm on vacation for 2 weeks. So during that overlap in time they will probably be delivered. Good news: I think I'm getting reimbursed from work for the cost!
*At least I wasn't hurt and the glasses can be replaced!

7. I can't wait to have a few days to Spring Clean! After my vacation & before I go back to work...it fits in perfectly! I'm even going to dust the fan blades and clean the baseboards!

8. I'm not a Britney fan. I liked the old Brit better! Sorry to all my dear friends who LOVE her. I've just not gotten into her latest stuff. 

9. I went to the mall this weekend and saw a really cute dress and walked around the store with it for 30 minutes or so, then put it back. I'm proud of myself for not spending the money on something i DO NOT need, when it can go to something more important. OHHH, but I wanted it sooooo bad! But I think that Moo-lahhh will go to my credit card payments or Mother's Day gift!

10. I saw Water For Elephants. It was so great! I loved my girl Reese! And I must admit...I've never thought R.Pat was attractive...until now! Oh my! I could stare at him all day!

Just some random thoughts and things from me this week!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could turn down cake! Alas, it is never possible for me. Never.
    I wish I were going to be here on Friday because I would definitely host a royal wedding party...even though you wouldn't be interested, it would be nice to just visit with everyone. :)
    Hang in there with work and your vacation will be here soon. I'm sorry about your glasses - that super sucks. :(
    Have a tres fab week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your email, too, and I SIXTY HOURS?! Omg!!! I'm so sorry, that sucks :( I share your feelings on Brit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your feelings on the Royal Wedding and Brit. I am so tired of hearing about this wedding, but I too want to see her dress. I am exactly the same as you are with the lists, if I don't make one I go back a bunch of times. Check out my blog for an adorable giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the April showers bit - it feels like it never stops raining here! It'll be worth it, come May, but seriously?

    ReplyDelete