Thursday, February 23, 2012

the troubles of a shopper...




When I got my JCrew catalog in the mail a few weeks ago I quickly flipped through it and saw a super cute outfit that would be perfect for spring!


I have many events on the calendar...baby showers, bridal showers, and of course...



You already know how big the racing is here, and how us ladies need to dress the part!

Only a short 5 1/2 weeks until opening weekend! EEEKK!!
{us KY girls love our horsies and bourbon drinking days!}

Here is the outfit I love...


I love the leopard print belt. I think that's why I'm so obsessed! 
So many textures and prints that mix well!
The skirt has so many different colors in it, so I can get any color top too!

Last night while at work I was browsing the JCrew website and saw my skirt and was hesitant to order it only because I wanted to get home and double check the size of a skirt and a swim suit I own so I knew I was ordering the correct sizes. {I don't trust the size charts}
JCrew was having a 20% off sale and I had a gift card to use!

When i got home and excitedly went to the website, I was only letdown when my size was gone! 

I called the store and luckily they had the skirt, but no luck with the discount :( 

i know, poor me...
Oh, the troubles of a shopper...



4 comments:

  1. Shopping is hard work with all the stress & decisions ;) I want to move to KY so I can go to the races, we have derby parties in NC & dress like we are there...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I am from KY as well and just recently posted about Keeneland! I am slightly obsessed with racing and can't wait for April 9! I agree, it is one of the BEST things about KY. So neat to find your blog, new reader : )

    Julie
    http://truelifetwenties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit!!! Perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never trust the size charts either.. they're always SO off! And don't you hate when you they're out of your size.. oh well money saved I guess haha!

    ReplyDelete