Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"wishes" really do come true

A few weeks I was perusing the Kate Spade website and stumbled upon a lovely pair of wedges I fell in love with. With my whole heart! I would go to the ends of the world and back for these lovelies! {Well, maybe not that far, but you get my point!} 

Gaze your eyes upon these:

"The Wish"


I usually am an impulse buyer and just hit the "BUY" or "ADD TO BASKET" button or if shopping in real life {ya know, you do still go to the mall, right?!} I just pick up the item and just buy it, no hesitations! 


Growing up, my mom would always, ALWAYS say, "well, let's wait a few days and come back, if it's still here you can get it." or "let's wait until it goes on sale." I used to HATE when she said things like that! HAAAATTTE it! Well, for some reason a few weeks ago I had my mom perched on my shoulder and whispering in my ear and I decided to wait a few days. {I guess I was being responsible with my money and not impulse buying or trying to spend less, but who am i kidding!?} and I just would pop on the website and just gaze at how much I loved them so! 


Well, one afternoon, I decided today was the day! I was going to buy them! I have an orientee at work {basically I'm supposed to teach her how to become a nurse, and so she does most of my work, so I have a lot of free time} and I was going to buy them that night with my downtime. When I woke up that afternoon {4:30pm} I checked the website, looked at my beauties and got ready for work. I got to work and took report and my orientee and I discussed a few things for the start of shift and I sent her on her merry way to check on our patients and I went shopping! {8:00pm} 


When I got on the website I could not find the shoes anywhere! I clicked every page: Handbags, clothes, jewelry, accessories. They had to be there somewhere! They were just there a few hours before! I was in a panic. I was now tachycardic {I feel the need to use a medical term, since I am at work} Maybe it's just a technical error. So, I called customer service! The gentleman on the phone was so kind to tell me there were 2, yes, 2 pairs left in the nation that were my size! He kindly gave me the store phone numbers where they were located, one in Dallas, and the other in Los Angeles. So, the next day I set my alarm on my phone to opening store hours for central time and west coast time because I wanted to make sure I got my hands on those shoes first thing in the morning! {reminder: I work nights and would be sleeping during the day so I set the alarms to wake me up during the daytime for each store opening!}


Sadly, when I called the sales person said they did not have the shoes any longer and that they were sorry. So, I took it upon my self to do some more digging. On the website, you can find a listing of phone numbers to all of their stores across the nation! Yes, I did this. A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do! After waking up one day I went down the list and called most of them in search for the shoes. 


Here's my dialogue:


Me: "Hi, I'm looking for "The Wish" summer wedges. I know they were a summer shoe, I was just hoping you may still have a few in stock!?"
KS sales: "Oh, no those were a summer shoe and they have been sent back, I'm sorry."
Me: "Oh, ok thank you." <insert tears>


repeat 


A few weeks pass, Jump to today Tuesday August 30! 


I wake up to find the Kate Spade sample sale. I quickly scroll through and what is there in my size?! THE SHOES!!! They are called "The Wish" and a wish I made. That these are now going to be mine! I can't wait for that package to show up on my doorstep!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! As soon as I started reading this post I thought about the sale email I received last night and was hoping that you got to buy the shoes with the sale.

    You are just destined to have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! They were meant for you and hopefully less expensive than the first time you saw them???

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was meant to be!!!!!!! Yay! Love them. I saw them this morning online so I knew what the end was going to be... but nonetheless enjoyed the story.

    Wish I was going to Keeneland... hopefully next year. I can work on perfecting my pouf in the meantime, hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a lucky girl :) Those shoes were obviously meant be yours! They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete